Hypnosis is simply an altered state of awareness or consciousness. It has a long, proven history of helping with a very wide range of conditions and issues.
People commonly slip into this altered state when staring into a fire or a candle flame; watching rain trickle down a window – or even when watching TV.
In this deep state of relaxation, which is sometimes called a hypnotic trance, I can access your unconscious , that part of the brain that contains the “master tape” of everything we have experienced from the womb onwards. It is now widely understood and accepted that the mind has enormous influence over the body, and this can be positive or negative. Some physical conditions can be traced back to emotional or mental causes – or to instructions that we gave ourselves years ago, that have outlived their usefulness.
Accessing the unconscious and changing the instructions that are no longer relevant is totally safe, and highly effective.
Hypnotherapy can help with a wide range of conditions and issues. Among the most common are:
- weight loss – including hypnotic gastric banding, a non-invasive alternative to surgery
- weight gain – for those suffering from anorexia, for instance
- pain management – the pain can usually be “turned down” and becomes more controllable
- fears and phobias – public speaking; flying; open spaces; particular animals . . .
- anxiety and mild depression: many people today are experiencing general feelings of unease, discomfort, not quite knowing what is happening around them . . .
- improving self-confidence and self-esteem
- giving up smoking
The root cause of many issues in this life can be traced back to past lives, and increasing research is supporting this theory that Eastern cultures have taken for granted for thousands of years. Exploring your past lives provides valuable insights into situations, relationships or health problems in this life: once those root causes have been uncovered and dealt with, you are free to get on with your life.